Monday, August 4, 2014

What? Eat high fat foods? Have you lost your noodle?

As a chronic dieter and trying almost every program out there, this goes against everything I thought I knew about losing weight. I've heard this before and Cindy reaffirmed it. Now of course I'm talking about natural fats which you find in nuts, seeds, oils, avocado, meat etc. I always thought these were bad. I was told stay away from nuts, they are too high in fat, use oil very sparingly etc. The truth is these fats are good for you and your body needs them, and want to hear a real gem? They boost your metabolism!! I'm not even kidding you! 

 The natural fats are medium-chain fatty acids which the body can digest quickly and turn into energy. Poly polyunsaturates or long-chain fatty acids are hard for the body to digest and end up being stored as fat. Who knew?

One of the best things you can add to your diet apparently is Coconut oil, Organic coconut oil that hasn't had sex yet is best. I'll be adding a tablespoon of it in my morning smoothie, it is a really good metabolism booster apparently. I'll let you know how it goes.

So I should be avoiding mechanically and or chemically engineered low fat foods, the fat is replaced with something, usually starches or some form of sugar which you don't need me to tell you is bad. The body turns unhealthy starches and sugar into fat, which is bad and explains why I'm fat and 80 lbs over weight despite choosing low fat varieties of everything and why my metabolism sucks. 

So all natural food for me going forward. I will be posting what I eat and how I feel and how much weight I'm losing and everything I learn on this journey.

Tomorrow is day one

Morning drink: Chia Fresca
What the heck is that u ask? (it's ok, I did too)
Cindy says: It's water with the juice of a lemon or lime and 3 tbs of chia seeds- super good for you- hydrates and gives omega 3 and protein and fiber!! I drink one every morning!! Very good for you!!

Then for breakfast, a smoothie. I'll post my recipe tomorrow. I'm still trying to perfect it.

I'll Journal my food and pantry staples tomorrow. I'm tired. Good night.

No comments:

Post a Comment