Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Had to have Coffee

I had to do it, I came home from work yesterday, got home at 5:30, sat down on couch to chill for a half hour with plans to then make supper and go for a bike ride.... I woke up at 9:30, went to bed and slept straight through till 7:00 this morning when alarm went off. I'm still tired. So yes I had to have coffee and yes with cream and sugar. I did use organic coconut sugar which is made from syrup of the coconut tree but it's still sugar and should be used in very small quantities. I may need 2 cups this morning though.

So yesterday I did pretty good. Drank my chia fresca first thing, then my smoothie. for my smoothie yesterday I had:

~2 Tablespoons plant based protein powder (plant based is better but from my learnings I guess it still contains stuff I don't need and is processed so once this container is gone I will be replacing with pure hemp seed) read more here: Why you REALLY shouldn't use Protein powder.
~ 1 Tbsp of coconut oil
~ 2 Tbsp organic ground flax seed
~ 2 Tbsp Coconut Icecream (not coconut flavoured ice cream, coconut milk based icecream, I used "So Good" (I need to increase this as it wasn't creamy enough)
~ 1/2 cup 100% pure natural apple juice
~ 1/2 banana
~1 cup blueberries

It was good but not quite creamy and frothy enough so I will adjust a few things when making it this morning.

I will try to post more later as I do have more to talk about but I have to get to work now!

No comments:

Post a Comment